- Attend to all accidents and illnesses which occur during her duty with follow-up/referral
- To refer students for medical treatment when required with necessary documentation
- To keep accurate records of all incidents and make these records available to the Medical Team
- To maintain all Sports and Trip First Aid Kits that are issued to Travel Activities and follow-up when not returned
- To collate and file hard copies of medical records
- To work collaboratively with all staff providing health services for students and staff
- Updating and administering electronic records
- Participation in health related meetings if requested
- To provide information/assistance to the School Doctor and School Nurse
- Cover for the full-time school nurse, when needed
- To be in attendance, as requested and if available, at campus sports Event
- First Class Diploma of Registered Nurse in Austria or recognized equivalent in Austria
- Specialized training in Paediatrics and/or Sports Injuries desirable
- Experience in treating chronic diseases of children (e.g. diabetics)
- Fluency in English and German essential
- Ability to communicate and interact in a positive manner in an international environment
- Knowledge of Austrian Health System and Services
The Vienna International School
The Part-time School Nurse is expected to work closely with the school doctor, the full-time school nurse and other relevant school personnel to create a learning environment that meets the physical, mental and emotional needs of students. His/her primary responsibility is to provide nursing care and health counselling to students and parents and to assist the school doctor in carrying out the Austrian Health Requirements in the school.
Link zur Stellenbeschreibung
The gross salary for this part- time Position (12 hours of employment out of a 38,5 hours working week) is - depending on previous years of services - between EUR 744,-- and EUR 1235,--. There is also the option of being recruited on a self-employed basis. The initial contract period is 3 months, an extension of which is very likely.
Please send your CV, together with a letter of application (both in English), a copy of your certificates and references and a copy of your passport (if possible in one PDF document) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that a valid residence title and work permit for Austria is required for Non-EU-citizens.